Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jergens Natural Glow



It's that time of year again, time to get rid of the pasty white legs! I used to have enough time to soak up the sun and get a real tan, but those days are over. Although I've tanned in cancer beds a lot in the past, I'm not sure it's that great of an idea anymore. One of the salons in my area has a Mystic Tan booth, which really does a great job of giving an even natural looking tan, but last I checked the price was $15 a session.


Just yesterday I started using the Jergens Natural Glow. I've heard of several people using it and liking the results, so I decided to give it a shot. So far so good, although it says it's supposed to take up to a week to work, and after 2 applications I already see a difference. I'm hoping it doesn't get much darker. They make it in three different shades -- I'm using the medium. I'll post later to let you know how it goes!

UPDATE 4/24/2008

After 4 applications once a day, I'm still loving the results! It's definitely more noticeable now, but not streaky and not orange at all. Although I have learned to apply it at night because it has an unpleasant odor and I don't want to go to work stinky. It also came with a sample size face moisturizer, the results aren't as drastic, but I'm happy with it!

3 comments:

Lacey in the Sky said...

I'm right there with you! I snatched up the new Jergens Express(takes 3 days) and it's working great.(although I did get a little streaky on my boney areas) My fav. quick fix tanner is the Salon Bronze airbrush kit(I got it from Sally Beauty Supply) It's fantastic!

Lauren said...

That's so funny you mentioned about the Jergens smell! I have to put mine on in the morning because my husband can't stand the smell of it at night while we sleep! It's become this big joke between the two of us-- what would we rather pasty or stinky?

twiddlestix said...

LOL! I agree with the smell thing! I hate it too! Otherwise the product really works great!